CAREERS AT DHF
Join a Strong Team
At Denver Health & Fitness we believe the right people make the difference. That difference comes from the core values that define us as people and ultimately guide our decisions as a company in this great community. Some of the core values we look for in individuals are seen here.
We are always looking for good talented individuals that want to be part of the team environment and better the lives of individuals through health & fitness based principles. The team members we look for need to believe they can be that positive force to make a difference in someone’s life while furthering our mission to make our community healthy and strong.
If you believe you are that person then we want to hear from you now!
Our Core Values
1. Provide More (Value) Than Expected.
2. Be The Best Part Of Our Member’s Day.
3. Constantly Learn And Be Willing To Embrace Change With A Positive Can Do Attitude.
4. Build Strong Relationships With Our Members.
5. Constantly Grow As A Person.
6. Be Professional But Have Fun.
7. Work With Other Staff Members To Improve On Your Skills.
8. Embrace Health And Fitness As Your Career.
9. Build Strong Referral Networks To Provide Complete Care For Members.
10. Be Motivating With Your Words And Actions.
11. Be Dependable And Consistent.
12. Conduct Business With Integrity And Treat All Members, Guests, And Staff With Respect.
13. Be Dedicated And Loyal To Members, Guests, Staff And Company.
14. Be on Time.
Currently Accepting Applications for the Following Positions
FRONT DESK / SALES
The Front Desk Attendant will perform sales for memberships, personal training and other fitness related services. He / She will greet and direct members, guests as they enter the gym and provide control of the front door area. This position will provide assistance to member’s requests along with inquiries about gym operations & policies as well as perform various administrative duties as directed by the manager/supervisor.
- Greets each member and guests promptly, enthusiastically and with a smile to create a friendly positive entrance into the gym.
- Says Hello to all incoming guests and says Good-bye to all outgoing guests.
- Monitors and controls the front door area of the facility.
- Checks each member into the gym using the proper check-in procedures.
- Monitor check-ins to identify delinquent accounts and notifies and helps resolve the member’s issue at that time.
- Register all guests into the gym using proper registration procedures.
- Ensures that guests and appointments are directed to the appropriate fitness consultant in a prompt, professional manner.
- Answers phone by the third ring in a professional and courteous manner and use proper phone greeting techniques/etiquette.
- Addresses caller’s requests and/or takes appropriate messages.
- Registers all telephone inquiries in the phone log register and/or transfers the call to the appropriate Fitness Consultants.
- Responsible for following up on telephone inquiries to ensure that the appointment was booked properly.
- Responds immediately to member requests, inquiries and concerns.
- Maintain neat appearance and wear proper uniform attire with nametag while on duty.
- Processes retail and concession sales.
- Attends all staff meetings as directed.
- Cleans and maintains the front desk area according to Company standards.
- Cleans and maintains the gym floor according to company standards
- Responsible for gym walk-thru as designated in walk-thru log.
- Follow proper opening and closing procedures as assigned.
- Logs all maintenance concerns that are reported.
- Notifies management of gym incidents that requires incident reports.
- Works when scheduled and adheres to company attendance policies.
- Performs other duties as directed by the manager / Supervisor
- Follows up on all prospects by using established sales systems.
- Conducts gym tours
- Conducts telephone inquiries
- Establishes and maintain referral programs and lead sources throughout the community
- Must be current on company’s Company pricing and promotion schedule.
- Maintains information on club history, background, philosophy, facilities, staff and policies.
- Assumes responsibility for developing consultative selling skills.
- Prepares for, attends and actively participates in staff meetings.
- Maintains a positive relationship with the rest of the staff. Supports other staff in achieving their goals and company goals.
- Participates in all scheduled meetings as directed by the General Manager
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be dependable and willing to go the extra mile for our members.
- Must be a team player.
- High school diploma required.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both staff and members is critical.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles is required.
- Understanding of basic cash processing procedures is required.
- Functional computer skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task is very helpful to successfully perform duties.
- Compensation will be based on experience and overall qualifications.
- Upward mobility within the company.
KIDS ZONE ATTENDANT
As the Kids Zone Attendant, you will provide members and their children with a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for children to play so parents feel comfortable while working out in the club. Ensure team members provide exceptional customer service and interact with children at all times.
- Attend to Children 3 months and up in the KidZone.
- Provide a safe, clean and organized child care area.
- Personally engage children in interactive activities that include storytelling, organized arts & crafts, singing, and games.
- Clean and keep Kids Zone organized.
- Must enjoy being with children.
- Possible answering phones/some front desk work and assignments as needed.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Ability to work well with children of various ages and abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Willingness to maintain a flexible schedule
- Capable of working as a team player
- Ability to maintain a safe environment
- CPR/AED certification
Personal Trainers are responsible for providing customized fitness programs to the client’s individual needs. This includes education and guidance on proper nutrition, cardiovascular exercise, resistance training, and other programs to help the member achieve their desired fitness goals.
Able to train members of all ages and abilities in all facets of fitness. weightlifting, cardiovascular, stretching, plyometrics, isometric, cross training etc… With the desired result to create WOW moments for members, guests, and other team members.
Requirements / Personal Skills:
- Team Player
- A commitment to a healthy lifestyle
- A passion for fitness and changing lives
- Maintain schedule and be on time
- National level Personal Training Certification and CPR/AED certifications
- Maintain a consistent and growing client base.
- Develops an individual exercise program consistent with the member’s personal fitness and exercise goals.
- Provide guidance in nutrition to meet the client’s needs.
- Motivate and encourage clients.
- Educate and assist members on exercise equipment, physical fitness, and realistic physical expectations.
- Continually monitors and assists members to ensure proper form is used when performing exercises.
- Perform orientations for new members that lead to new potential clients.
- Excel in Personal Training Sales, by resigning clients for personal training.
- Increase club membership and overall revenue production by working closely with the rest of the staff.
- Competitive salary
- Discounts on supplements and retail items
- State of the art equipment to train on
- Fun, healthy environment to work in
As a Group Fitness Instructor, you will provide cutting-edge group fitness instruction through a variety of entertaining, educational, and fun classes to promote fitness and positive self-esteem in a safe environment. We are looking for people that want to grow the club with us.
We are currently holding interviews and auditions for All Group Fitness areas, but more specifically in the following areas: Pilates, Yoga, Barre, Silver Sneakers and Indoor Cycle (Spin).
Requirements / Personal Skills:
- Must be passionate about the fitness industry and have a strong desire to help others.
- Must be certified in the discipline you are instructing as well as CPR/AED certified.
- All applications should possess strong communication skills, use of social media to promote your classes and be a team player.
- Maintain positive relationships with members and encourage class attendance.
- Interact with members and non-members in a positive fashion inside and outside of the club.
- Clean and organize studio after each Group Fitness class.
- Promote club promotions, programs, products, and services to class participants.
- Motivate members to continue to consistently attend Group Fitness classes.
- Participate in volunteer events held by the club.
- Attend Staff Meetings.
- Consistently meet daily class attendance goals.
The DHF CrossFit Coach will diligently explain the daily workouts, demonstrate movements, and instruct members/athletes on proper technique throughout the entire class. The perfect candidate will help drive the CrossFit community environment that CrossFit is known for.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain positive and friendly demeanor.
- Run CrossFit or specialty classes ranging from 2-25 people.
- Willing to coach approximately 4-8 classes a week.
- Demonstrate proper form and technique
- Ensure classes are effective, safe and fun.
- Offer additional support to help athletes achieve their fitness goals.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current athletes and convert potential athletes.
- Engage DHF social media platforms and help participate in social media presence.
- Promote all internal programs and events
- Promote all internal special offers.
- Always promote the DHF community and family atmosphere.
- Help maintain a spotless facility.
- Attempt to make all quarterly coaches meetings and DHF social events.
- Adhere to all DHF policies and procedures.
- Provide encouragement and inspiration to members before, during, and after class.
- Must be able manage a group of 15+ people in class.
- Must feel comfortable being on social media.
- Must be energetic and outgoing.
- Team player.
- Motivated, self starter that will enjoy helping to grow our community.
- Passion for health and fitness.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Must hold a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate.
- Must have at least 1 year of CrossFit coaching experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in exercise science is preferred, but not required.
- Compensation determined upon experience