What you need to know about the Coronavirus and DHF
Phase 1 Re-Opening Updates
Outdoor Group Fitness Classes to Resume June 1st
posted on May 20, 2020 @ 7:20pm
Re-Opening Date Still Pending
posted on May 12, 2020 @ 2:00pm
Cleaning Expectations Upon Reopening
Hello DHF Members,
I hope you have been able to maintain some level of exercise during this whole mess. I encourage you to get outside but pay attention to those things that should be obvious to us by now – distance.
What does this “new world” look like for our members? Well, since we have not been told yet when we can open let alone what operational changes need to be put into place in order to be able to re-open still remains somewhat of an unknown. That has not stopped us from setting the standard as we have been taking vigorous measures to improve while you are gone.
We promise to come out of this pandemic smarter, safer, and stronger than ever. For over the last couple of years, we have been saying that we are the cleanest, friendliest, and most helpful club you will ever join. We are taking this to new levels and I NEVER thought I would have to learn so much in such a short time about cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting.
During this Shutdown, we have received comments and feedback from YOU, our members. This information along with industry experts and other fitness facilities across the nation and even across the globe that has gone through this already has allowed us to focus our actions and will help make Denver Health & Fitness among the top tier clubs in the world for cleaning and sanitizing processes. With all of this gathered information, we have rolled out our Trust and Care Cleaning Program at DHF. This is a comprehensive cleaning program accompanied by a cleaning schedule, chemicals used, and proper use of the chemicals to gain maximum effectiveness.
Here are some of those actions/expectations that we have compiled:
- We will be asking all members to adhere to strict policies regarding cleaning equipment before and after use.
- All DHF staff will be your “Compliance Ambassadors” and will be reminding people that may forget to clean the equipment they use.
- We will be implementing new access-controlled features for the facility. (in the works)
- All members will need to stop at the front desk and receive updated information for the access-controlled system and we will need to verify membership information.
- New signage and new member conduct pledge stating the expectations we will have for all members with reminders in the right places (locker rooms etc.)
- We are one of the few clubs in the US that have invested in the AirPHX system for the entire facility. These devices kill the Coronavirus and many other viruses, bacteria, mold, and germs, both in the air and on all surfaces. You can read more here
- We are doubling the number of disinfectant wipe stations around the facility. (on order)
- We are adopting new “micro-voltage” technology for disinfecting large areas – weight equipment, cardio equipment, kids zone etc., that is safe and kills viruses and bacteria for 3 weeks – the gym will receive a spray down using this product every 2 weeks – more to come on this. (on order)
- At check-in, we will be using a new hand sanitizer that kills virus and other bacteria for 4 hours and includes aloe Vera so hands won’t dry out and it does NOT soak through the skin like alcohol-based products (on order)
- Additionally, we are increasing the number of hand sanitizers around the club and we will be converting all of them with battery-operated touchless models. (on order)
- Nanoseptic technology used on all door handles. This product keeps the door handles sanitized for up to 3 months.
- We are seeing capacity limits imposed on clubs and group fitness classes based on various metrics. When we first open, we believe we will need to limit the sizes of classes to allow for more distance and will monitor the data and information to determine when classes can go back to normal (If they allow us to offer classes right away). In order to take a class, all members will need to book your spot for that class. We will provide a new post with instructions on how to set this up.
- For classes that use cloth-based or items that are hard to disinfect such as yoga blankets and boxing gloves. We will no longer be able to have those here. Nor will we be able to store personal yoga mats and items. Members will need to bring their own gloves.
- Adding a paper towel system in the restroom next to the group fitness room.
- We are also using this time to upgrade some technology platforms. More to come on this.
- We have been busy doing some project planning on classes/remodeling and moving things around that we wanted to do for a while now.
- New equipment is planned to support the changes and programs mentioned above.
- We will be bringing in member and employee feedback to ensure we are executing on all aspects
That is the list so far…
As you might imagine, many of these products we write about here are not easy to get right now. If all changes are not in place when we first open, I assure you we will keep moving to get them in place.
I look forward to seeing everyone’s smiling faces. Even if it is behind a mask.
Thank you for reading!
posted on April 14, 2020 @ 5:00pm
Update on Membership Billing
Dear DHF Family,
We continue to navigate through the unique challenges posed by COVID-19, I would like to share an update on your membership billing.
As with many others in my industry, we were hopeful this event and mandated closures would have been a shorter event than it has turned out to be. Therefore, under the present circumstances, we are not comfortable charging membership dues until we are allowed to re-open. Your regularly scheduled billing will stop at the end of the day on April 14, 2020.
We will continue to monitor the situation and re-open as soon as we are allowed to do so. As before, with accounts in good standing, we will be applying credits to accounts based on time missed. We are working with all government avenues to continue to pay employees during this phase of the mandated closure.
- Please remember, our team and staff continue to work hard for you by providing online content. Please connect with them there.
- Personal Training and Group fitness instructors are videoing their classes to bring them to you in online formats. Check out on YouTube / Social Media / etc
- CrossFit workouts provide by our head coach through Wodify
- Les Mills Premium Version workouts Free through June 30th
- Les Mills workouts free version. (95 free workouts across 8 categories.)
As always, we are incredibly appreciative of your membership and our Denver Health & Fitness community. We will continue to send updates as the situation progresses.
President & Owner
Denver Health & Fitness
posted on April 8, 2020 @ 3:00pm
New AirPHX system installed at DHF
With great pleasure we are announcing that DHF has gone beyond normal measures and has installed the AirPHX system for the safety and health of everyone at DHF. This device kills the Coronavirus and many other viruses and germs, both in the air and on all surfaces.This machine uses reactive oxygen and gas-phase hydrogen peroxide to continuously sanitize the air, and every surface the air touches. This effectively reduces all air and surface pathogens, to hospital standards, throughout the entire club.
DHF is winning the war on germs!
Finally a quick, and easy solution to the incessant odors and bacterial incursion that are the bane of athletic spaces. A game changer, AirPHX® (pronounced air-fix) has been installed at DHF. AirPHX eliminates bacteria, viruses and other harmful organisms and the odors they cause throughout the facility — in the air and on surfaces including: equipment, turf, rubber, foam, and tile. Bacteria, MRSA, C.DIFF, mold, Staph, athlete’s foot fungus, and norovirus — virtually eliminated in less than 60 minutes with the flip of a switch. In fact, testing of facilities before and after installation of AirPHX demonstrates reductions of airborne and surface germs >95%, even on hard to clean turf.
The health and welfare of our members is, and always has been, of paramount importance. That is why, even before the Coronavirus, DHF was taking strides in innovating new ways to lead the industry in club hygiene. All facilities have workout equipment. Denver Health & Fitness is proud to tell members that they have AirPHX technology protecting them during their workouts. We hope that along with the health and safety this brings our club, that it also brings you peace of mind during your next workout.
DHF + AirPHX Press Release
Protect - Don't Infect
posted on April 1, 2020 @ 1:00pm
Dear DHF Members,
On behalf of our DHF Team of 50 employees, thank you very much for the overwhelming support we continue to receive. It’s been nearly two weeks since we’ve seen your smiling faces in the club, and we’re certainly counting the days until we can again.
It’s because so many of our members have chosen to pay their membership dues during this time that has allowed us to continue to compensate and support our many employees. Hopefully, you’ve had a chance to experience and interact with these talented individuals online, as they continue to deliver on what makes the DHF community so special. Be on the lookout for more great stuff.
Our team and staff continue to work hard for you by providing online content: • Personal Training and Group fitness instructors are videoing their classes to bring them to you through online formats. YouTube / Social Media / etc…
• CrossFit workouts provided by our head coach through Wodify
• Les Mills Premium Version workouts Free through June 30th.
• Les Mills workouts free version. (95 free workouts across 8 categories.
Please understand that despite being under orders to temporarily close, our operational expenses including mortgage, taxes, licenses, insurance, utilities, and facility upkeep all continue without any relief at this time for the company. Temporary closure does not reduce expenses at all especially as we try to maintain and help support our employees.
Again, we are committed to retaining our valued employees’ payroll at least through April.
In order to manage the memberships, we have expanded the options to help with your membership.
- Pay dues as normal and we will provide you with a credit equal to the number of days our facility remains closed. This will assist in maintaining our staff employed as long as possible (No action is required.).
- Pause your membership and dues while we are closed. If you choose this option, please call ABC Financial and they will assist you 888-827-9262.
Once we are allowed to open back up, all billing will restart on its scheduled date and a credit of at least 2 weeks will be applied to everyone’s account that is active and in good standing for the time missed.
Our Team is anxious to welcome you back to DHF as soon as we are permitted to do so. In the meantime, we will be working on cleaning and maintaining the facility, special projects, and new fitness programs.
On behalf of our loyal DHF Team, we again express our sincere gratitude for all your support. We look forward to serving you and seeing your smiling faces back at the club very soon.
Please watch out and take care of each other and let’s all pull together as one Strong Community. #DenverNCStrong
DHF Management Team.
posted on March 20, 2020 @ 1:00pm
Dear DHF Club Members:
I first want to thank all of the members for the supportive emails and voicemails you’ve left us since we closed our doors on March 17th due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As I mentioned that was one of the hardest messages I have had to write. However, based on all available information from CDC, Government, and our industry trends the only option was to temporarily close for the safety and well being of the community.
I would also like to state these are unprecedented times that we are living through right now. As a family owned small business in this community we strongly believe in this community. It is obvious that none of us saw this coming and I believe it is safe to assume that we have uncertainty ahead of us. However, being optimistic, I know we will come out of this with battle wounds, but we will win the battle.
As stated, this is a family owned business. And it would not be a business without our team of trainers / group fitness instructors / kid zone attendants / CrossFit coaches / front desk team and our managers. They are the ones that make Denver Health & Fitness, your club. As being part of the family, all of the employees have been 100% retained and assured they would continue to be paid.
For the past 12 years Denver Health & Fitness has been trusted to provide our members with an inspiring and safe environment to achieve your health and fitness goals. And our plan is to continue far into the future after this passes us by.
I would like to let everyone know, just because we are closed does not mean we aren’t working. We are not sitting still just waiting for the condition to change. We are actively preparing for the future.
- Every day the management team is meeting and planning. We are identifying areas to improve and change and working to get the club ready for a new opening.
- We are bringing in staff to address areas that need help with classes / equipment etc..
- Instructors are working on new routines for when we re-open
- Our cleaning company is doing intense thorough cleaning from top to bottom
- New equipment is being planned on now for the future.
As for our billing, with careful thought for all involved with the company, customers, staff and billing software provider we have decided the best course of action is as follows.
- When we are able to re-open, we will assess the number of days we are closed. At that time, we will credit the prorated amount of money or time in the case of PIF to the active accounts that are in good standing respectively.
- Depending on how long this situation lasts, we will adapt to the situation, and re-asses come April.
- Please rest assured that we will make the necessary fair adjustments to the accounts once we are back and up and running and in the club. Please be patient. It should be noted that no one is at the club to take calls and address accounts at this time.
Finally, I want to do my best to encourage each of you to continue to support your club and pay membership dues during this unprecedented time. We have created a very special culture at DHF and I know that you feel it every time you come through our doors. We have almost 50 valued employees who are dependent on their paychecks to continue to be able to support their families. Only with your continued help DHF will be able to make sure our staff remain supported and that your club continues to be able to serve you far into the future.
For those of you who choose to cancel your membership at this time, we will accommodate you per your membership agreement. You will need to call our billing company ABC Financial and they will assist you 888-827-9262. Please follow their instructions (ABC Financial is able to update your credit card and payment information). If you choose to rejoin at a later date, you will be responsible to pay our Initiation Fee again and will be subject to our current dues at that time.
It is my sincere hope that you will continue to be part of our DHF family and support your community. For those members who continue their membership we will be offering you the following:
- DHF is offering Free Les Mills classes. Offering 95 free workouts across 8 categories. You can get your classes here. To Activate: please go here and fill out the form and the link will be sent to you automatically.
- DHF is offering free in-home CrossFit workouts to our CrossFit members online by our Head CrossFit Coach
- DHF is offering free in-home exercises / workouts online by our PT Manager and group fitness instructors via social media.
- A 25% discount on new services for 30 days after we re-open
- Two guest passes to be used anytime through 2020
Lastly, I would ask you all to help the health and fitness industry become part of the stimulus package that is being prepared by our government. Please go to this link and send the letters (https://ihrsa.quorum.us/campaign/covid-19/) to our government officials Sen. Richard Burr, Sen. Thom Tillis, Rep. Patrick McHenry.
Thank you for your support during this time. I believe together we will get through this and be stronger for it.
DHF Management Team
posted on March 17, 2020 @ 11:30am
This is a very hard letter for me to write to all of you. Based on updated recommendations from the CDC, Governor Cooper, and our state and local health departments, Denver Health & Fitness is temporarily suspending all member access and activities. This includes 24 hour club access, group fitness classes and CrossFit programs. This will go into affect at close of business 8 PM, Tuesday, March 17 through April 1. Please work with us during this time and we will be communicating to our members, guests and staff to provide information to you via our social media outlets and website.
- Les Mills workouts. See below.
- In home workouts and excises provided by our PT manager.
- CrossFit workouts provide by our head coach.
Thank you again for your support during this time. I believe together we will get through this and be stronger for it.
Fill out the form if you have any more information on the closures at DHF or questions on our COVID-19 response.
Denver Health & Fitness
3273 N NC 16 Business HWY
Denver, NC 28037
Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Sunday: By Appointment
24/7 Access for Members