What you need to know about the Coronavirus and DHF
posted on April 1, 2020 @ 1:00pm
Dear DHF Members,
On behalf of our DHF Team of 50 employees, thank you very much for the overwhelming support we continue to receive. It’s been nearly two weeks since we’ve seen your smiling faces in the club, and we’re certainly counting the days until we can again.
It’s because so many of our members have chosen to pay their membership dues during this time that has allowed us to continue to compensate and support our many employees. Hopefully, you’ve had a chance to experience and interact with these talented individuals online, as they continue to deliver on what makes the DHF community so special. Be on the lookout for more great stuff.
Our team and staff continue to work hard for you by providing online content: • Personal Training and Group fitness instructors are videoing their classes to bring them to you through online formats. YouTube / Social Media / etc…
• CrossFit workouts provided by our head coach through Wodify
• Les Mills Premium Version workouts Free through May 31st.
• Les Mills workouts free version. (95 free workouts across 8 categories.
Please understand that despite being under orders to temporarily close, our operational expenses including mortgage, taxes, licenses, insurance, utilities, and facility upkeep all continue without any relief at this time for the company. Temporary closure does not reduce expenses at all especially as we try to maintain and help support our employees.
Again, we are committed to retaining our valued employees’ payroll at least through April.
In order to manage the memberships, we have expanded the options to help with your membership.
- Pay dues as normal and we will provide you with a credit equal to the number of days our facility remains closed. This will assist in maintaining our staff employed as long as possible (No action is required.).
- Pause your membership and dues while we are closed. If you choose this option, please call ABC Financial and they will assist you 888-827-9262.
Once we are allowed to open back up, all billing will restart on its scheduled date and a credit of at least 2 weeks will be applied to everyone’s account that is active and in good standing for the time missed.
Our Team is anxious to welcome you back to DHF as soon as we are permitted to do so. In the meantime, we will be working on cleaning and maintaining the facility, special projects, and new fitness programs.
On behalf of our loyal DHF Team, we again express our sincere gratitude for all your support. We look forward to serving you and seeing your smiling faces back at the club very soon.
Please watch out and take care of each other and let’s all pull together as one Strong Community. #DenverNCStrong
DHF Management Team.
posted on March 20, 2020 @ 1:00pm
Dear DHF Club Members:
I first want to thank all of the members for the supportive emails and voicemails you’ve left us since we closed our doors on March 17th due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As I mentioned that was one of the hardest messages I have had to write. However, based on all available information from CDC, Government, and our industry trends the only option was to temporarily close for the safety and well being of the community.
I would also like to state these are unprecedented times that we are living through right now. As a family owned small business in this community we strongly believe in this community. It is obvious that none of us saw this coming and I believe it is safe to assume that we have uncertainty ahead of us. However, being optimistic, I know we will come out of this with battle wounds, but we will win the battle.
As stated, this is a family owned business. And it would not be a business without our team of trainers / group fitness instructors / kid zone attendants / CrossFit coaches / front desk team and our managers. They are the ones that make Denver Health & Fitness, your club. As being part of the family, all of the employees have been 100% retained and assured they would continue to be paid.
For the past 12 years Denver Health & Fitness has been trusted to provide our members with an inspiring and safe environment to achieve your health and fitness goals. And our plan is to continue far into the future after this passes us by.
I would like to let everyone know, just because we are closed does not mean we aren’t working. We are not sitting still just waiting for the condition to change. We are actively preparing for the future.
- Every day the management team is meeting and planning. We are identifying areas to improve and change and working to get the club ready for a new opening.
- We are bringing in staff to address areas that need help with classes / equipment etc..
- Instructors are working on new routines for when we re-open
- Our cleaning company is doing intense thorough cleaning from top to bottom
- New equipment is being planned on now for the future.
As for our billing, with careful thought for all involved with the company, customers, staff and billing software provider we have decided the best course of action is as follows.
- When we are able to re-open, we will assess the number of days we are closed. At that time, we will credit the prorated amount of money or time in the case of PIF to the active accounts that are in good standing respectively.
- Depending on how long this situation lasts, we will adapt to the situation, and re-asses come April.
- Please rest assured that we will make the necessary fair adjustments to the accounts once we are back and up and running and in the club. Please be patient. It should be noted that no one is at the club to take calls and address accounts at this time.
Finally, I want to do my best to encourage each of you to continue to support your club and pay membership dues during this unprecedented time. We have created a very special culture at DHF and I know that you feel it every time you come through our doors. We have almost 50 valued employees who are dependent on their paychecks to continue to be able to support their families. Only with your continued help DHF will be able to make sure our staff remain supported and that your club continues to be able to serve you far into the future.
For those of you who choose to cancel your membership at this time, we will accommodate you per your membership agreement. You will need to call our billing company ABC Financial and they will assist you 888-827-9262. Please follow their instructions (ABC Financial is able to update your credit card and payment information). If you choose to rejoin at a later date, you will be responsible to pay our Initiation Fee again and will be subject to our current dues at that time.
It is my sincere hope that you will continue to be part of our DHF family and support your community. For those members who continue their membership we will be offering you the following:
- DHF is offering Free Les Mills classes. Offering 95 free workouts across 8 categories. You can get your classes here. To Activate: please go here and fill out the form and the link will be sent to you automatically.
- DHF is offering free in-home CrossFit workouts to our CrossFit members online by our Head CrossFit Coach
- DHF is offering free in-home exercises / workouts online by our PT Manager and group fitness instructors via social media.
- A 25% discount on new services for 30 days after we re-open
- Two guest passes to be used anytime through 2020
Lastly, I would ask you all to help the health and fitness industry become part of the stimulus package that is being prepared by our government. Please go to this link and send the letters (https://ihrsa.quorum.us/campaign/covid-19/) to our government officials Sen. Richard Burr, Sen. Thom Tillis, Rep. Patrick McHenry.
Thank you for your support during this time. I believe together we will get through this and be stronger for it.
DHF Management Team
posted on March 17, 2020 @ 11:30am
This is a very hard letter for me to write to all of you. Based on updated recommendations from the CDC, Governor Cooper, and our state and local health departments, Denver Health & Fitness is temporarily suspending all member access and activities. This includes 24 hour club access, group fitness classes and CrossFit programs. This will go into affect at close of business 8 PM, Tuesday, March 17 through April 1. Please work with us during this time and we will be communicating to our members, guests and staff to provide information to you via our social media outlets and website.
- Les Mills workouts. See below.
- In home workouts and excises provided by our PT manager.
- CrossFit workouts provide by our head coach.
Thank you again for your support during this time. I believe together we will get through this and be stronger for it.
Fill out the form if you have any more information on the closures at DHF or questions on our COVID-19 response.
Denver Health & Fitness
3273 N NC 16 Business HWY
Denver, NC 28037
Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Sunday: By Appointment
24/7 Access for Members