ACTIVE & SAFE COMMITMENT
Your HEALTH is our number 1 priority!
DENVER HEALTH & FITNESS HAS TAKEN THE
ACTIVE & SAFE COMMITMENT
Denver Health & Fitness is proud to announce its participation in The Active & Safe Commitment, which reaffirms the club’s unyielding dedication to safety at a time when exercise has never been more important to the health of our Denver residents.
The Active & Safe Commitment is a worldwide initiative launched by the health and fitness industry’s trade association, the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA). Developed by industry experts in accordance with the foremost public health guidance on COVID-19, the Active & Safe Commitment serves three main purposes:
- To demonstrate our industry’s united commitment to safety for members, guests, staff, and communities
- To provide health club members and guests with well-founded peace of mind during club visits;
- To reassure policymakers and public health officials that health clubs should not be shut down during the COVID-19 pandemic, but rather should be relied upon as safe environments for exercise that can serve as responsible, credible, and effective partners for reducing the pandemic’s catastrophic toll on physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing.
By participating in the initiative, Denver Health & Fitness joins health clubs around the globe in publicly pledging to follow industry best practices in four operational categories:
PHYSICAL DISTANCING & MITIGATION MEASURES
- Facilitating and supporting appropriate physical distancing
- Occupancy management systems/policies Plans in place to reduce cross-contamination
- Mask policy in place and enforced
EMPLOYEE & MEMBER SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Comprehensive staff training
- Employee health monitoring Regular member communication
- Contingency planning
- Employee feedback mechanism
CLEANING, SANITIZING, & DISINFECTING
- Extensive hygiene and sanitizing protocols
- Enhanced measures to optimize ventilation and filtration
- Utilize member management software to aid contact tracing efforts
- Contract tracing oversight and protocols are established
We are making this commitment to reassure our members, local policymakers, and dedicated public health officials that we are wholly dedicated to providing a safe environment for exercise during COVID-19. We look forward to continuing our vital role as a community partner in reducing the pandemic’s catastrophic toll on physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing.